Sunday, June 28, 2009

vac

Anna gets here tomorrow! She is one of the other Americans who studied with me here two years ago. Most of my digsmates have finished exams and gone home for vac. (It's their winter break now.) They'll be back in late July. Jean-Michel and I are the only ones left in the house, at least until Anna gets here. A lot of my other friends are staying here over vac though, so I still have plenty of friends around. I'm still trying to adapt to South African life - like finding spiders around the house (huge but harmless), not going to the doctor for anything less than a severed limb (I thought I had pink eye the other day, but it was just my contacts irritating me), and getting used to power outages. (Seriously, try waitressing with no power. Kind of difficult.) I've even stopped converting everything into dollars. I'm definitely appreciating things more - things like electricity, the internet (they have quotas here), and people in the service industry. I can't believe I've already been here almost a whole month. Time sure is flying by.


the sunsets here are beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment