Saturday, June 6, 2009

getting into the swing of things

I'm staying at Kate's for a few days. She lives with Tamsin, Kirsten, Vince, and another guy I never met before: Jean-Michel. It's so weird that everyone lives in digs now (aka off-campus apartments) rather than res (aka dorms). And they drive everywhere! Very different from the last time I was here. Everyone's studying for exams, so I'm thinking of taking off to Mozambique for a week or two until they're done. Why not? I've always wanted to go there. And it's way warmer there right now so it'll be nice. I'm trying to be very thrifty so this is going to be a very low-budget trip, but I think it'll be fun. My friends are saying how awesome it is that I can just pick up and go somewhere on my own... I'm like, why not? I'll make friends, chill on the beach, have a jol (good time). As you can see, I'm quickly reverting back to South African lingo. I keep saying things like "hectic" and "bru." I'm so happy to be back here in Grahamstown but it's kind of rough being homeless... I can't move in to my digs until Chloe leaves after exams (July). Mozambique will be fun! I'll come back to G-town before Anna gets here on the 28th.

2 comments: