Friday, June 12, 2009

money woes and cricket passion

Well, this is fun. ATMs here don't seem to want to let me access my money. Awesome. I'm literally living a hand-to-mouth existence. Well, my friends are feeding me. So it's not as bad as it sounds. I'm just glad I'm working a lot this weekend, since trying to sort this bank stuff out is taking so long. I'm staying at Carmen's for a while, which is my future home. She lives with Jess, Danielle, Chloe, and Jan. I'm taking Chloe's spot when she leaves in July to go study abroad in England. I absolutely love the house and all the girls! In case you didn't guess, I'm putting off the trip to Mozambique since I got a job. Jess and I were thinking about going in July during their school break, especially since it'll be cold here. Right now I'm pretty much just loving life. It's the weirdest feeling to not have any schoolwork to do. My friends are complaining about studying for exams. I keep telling them they'll miss that student stress one day soon! I've gotten really into cricket lately. Seriously. It's so fun to watch. (Way better than baseball - sorry, Mom.) It doesn't hurt that the South African team is really good. They're in a tournament in England right now and they're totally dominating. Jess and Dan laugh at me because about an hour after they teach me the basic rules, I'm already commenting on the game... Things like, "We've broken a hundred already and we're only in the eleventh over," and "Albie's a great fielder tonight," and "64 to win with 67 balls, we totally got this." You know it's bad when I'm calling the players "my boys," like Mom does with the Red Sox.

No comments:

Post a Comment